the development of a non-formal education methodology adapted from technological innovation contexts (FabLab – Fabrication Laboratories) and based on the principle “learning by doing” to provide these youngsters with socio-occupational / a pre-employment skills.
WELCOME TO WEEELABS
weeelabs is an European collaboration for building a network of employment opportunities for youth at risk of exclusion.
The main objective of the WEEELABS project is the creation of a strategic partnership between organizations with experience in the social field, for working and learning together exploring new opportunities for employability of youth in a situation or at serious risk of exclusion, through:
Therefore the targeted group is formed by young people with diverse circumstances that share specific elements of their territory and local context, such as expectations and difficulties in integrating into the social and productive system, but with common educational and integration needs.
To facilitate their social integration and incorporation into the labour market, the project partners have identified the recovery and recycling of WEEEs as an opportunity for the labour incorporation and social integration of these young people, in line with the European Directive on Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment.
weeelabswill explore a new way of non-formal education processes
tailored and specifically oriented at our targeted group of young people in situation or at serious risk of exclusion, both to serve as specific training in handling, recycling and recovery of waste electrical and electronic equipment not yet reflected in formal education system- and the development of core basic skills and transversal skills
is the language produced by articulate sounds, as opposed to written language.
reading comprehension and calculation
the ability to read texts and , process information, and understand the meaning of things and results
the using generic or ad hoc methods, in an orderly manner, for finding solutions to problems.
organization of work
organizational skills is one of the most important transferable job skills a worker can possess
creative thinking & problem solving
the process used to develop ideas that are unique, useful and worthy of further elaboration and for finding solutions to problems.
following instructions is important in learn process to get new skills and a way to adapt to different environments.
That new way is the validation of the WeeeLabs as an adapted FabLab model. These Fabrication Laboratories were promoted by the Massachusetts Institute Technology (MIT) as workshops / learning communities in digital design and manufacturing scale for personal or local use (usually with 3D printing technologies, precision laser cutters and moulding and milling tools).
expected resultsthat will be carried out by the activities and the development of the intellectual outputs
- Enhance the capacities of partners in their service provision.
- Promote the employability of young people at risk of social exclusion, through a professional training in recycling WEEEs and the development of basic and transversal skills.
- Strengthen the relationships and better coordination amongst key stakeholders in the field of youth inclusion and social entrepreneurship, in order to promote the reuse of electrical and electronic waste as an opportunity for the generation of social enterprises or social intra-entrepreneurial initiatives into organisations, and learning new self-financing ways.
- Provide workers in the field of youth with new methodologies and techniques in the development of basic and transversal skills in non formal education, specially targeted at youth at risk of social exclusion.
- Involve the society in the triple sustainability: environmentally, socially and economically and to raise public awareness about the importance of recycling waste for its value as raw material, the problems and realities of young people at serious risk or social exclusion and the need of their incorporation into the labour market and their social integration, as a benefit for society as a whole .